Friday 4 September 2015

Sala Keawkoo Park

This was an amazing park in Nongkai that deserved it's own entry of photos that my friends Shampu, Puy and their cousin Snat took me to, very interesting stories associated with the various sculptures. My three friends made this a highlight of my trek so far with their excellent explanations and extra effort and patience to ensure I understood. We spent several hours here walking through the park, fed some fish then went out for a nice dinner before I said bye to these great girls. They were the best guides a person could want.














 There were stories attached to most of these sculptures, mostly about how someone had done humanity wrong and they rectified it with the help of Buddha, to whom they pay homage. Like this guy who was a finger collector, until he realized that it was wrong and he gave his sword to Buddha.
Check out his necklace.





































7 comments:

  1. The finger collector...at what point did he ever believe it was right? I like the two on the park bench...entitled 'Waiting for the bus' "should be here soon, let's wait a bit more...." Great pics Luc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim, yeah....I waited for the bus with them for a bit...I think they're still there.

      Delete
  2. Wow, you must have been so overwhelmed with such beauty and interesting stories!!! Glad you had great guides, I'm sure they enjoyed their couple of days with you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at the photos. Just awsome. You will be having great memories for years to come .mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking at the photos. Just awsome. You will be having great memories for years to come .mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a good post. This post gives truly quality information. I’m definitely going to look into it. Really very useful tips are provided here. Thank you so much. Keep up the good works. free travel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. free to visit

    ReplyDelete