Tuesday 1 September 2015

Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum

Photos from the genocide museum, this place was witness to many atrocities committed by Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge, I had a difficult time here, mostly looking at the victims faces in their mug shots, a very sobering experience.

"Questioning" building
One room in "questioning" building


These boards were double sided



This building's rooms were transformed to cells

One cell, about 3 feet by 5 feet
prisoners were bound to the ground with a metal bar

wooden cells, on the upper floor


This woman, with child was very haunting to me


The chair where most victims sat for their mugshots

2 comments:

  1. Extremely sad to see...makes you wonder how someone can do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a brave soul, I'm not sure I could have looked at all of that with my own eyes. So very sad.

    ReplyDelete